This no-bake layered dessert is just right for a long, hot summer evening. Include your children/grandchildren in on the making, and share a cookie or two while you’re at it!
1. Crush cookies in a food processor reserving 3/4 of a cup for the topping.
2. Cover the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan with cookie crumbs.
3. Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and press into the bottom of the pan.
4. Mix up the 2 lemon pudding packets with the milk in a bowl, cover the bowl, and place in the refrigerator till thickened.
5. Blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar and fold in with the container of cool whip. Spread over the crust .
6. Spread the chilled lemon pudding over the cream cheese filling.
7. Spread the remaining container of cool whip over the lemon layer.
8. Sprinkle the reserved cookie crumbs on top.
9. Keep in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
Are your tastebuds watering yet?
1 pkg (14.3 oz) golden oreo cookies (I use gluten free sandwich cookies)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding
3 1/2 cups cold milk
2 (8 oz) containers cool whip
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar